Add a piece of modern decor to your home with this copper blanket ladder. This DIY is customizable with different rung spacings or a coat of matte black spray paint for a modern look. For decorative use only.
- (2) 10 ft. 1/2″ Copper Pipes
- (4) 1/2″ Copper Elbows
- (6) Copper T-Connectors
- Epoxy Glue
- Spray Paint (Optional)
- Bauer 3 Amp Variable Speed Oscillating Multi-Tool (Item 56509)
- Bauer 1-3/4″ Bi-Metal Reduced Shank Titanium Plunge / Flush Cutting Blade for Oscillating Multi-Tools (Item 64964)
Follow These Steps:
- Using the Bauer 3 Amp Variable Speed Oscillating Multi-Tool and the Bauer 1-3/4″ Bi-Metal Reduced Shank Titanium Plunge/Flush Cutting Blade, cut the following lengths from your copper pipes:
- a. (9) 20″ pieces
- b. (4) 12″ pieces
- c. TIP: Cut one piece at a time and use it to measure each following piece.
- Smooth any rough ends.
- Once all of your pieces are cut, lay them flat in the order they will go.
- Mix your epoxy according to its instructions and coat the inside of your connectors (coat each connector as you are using them, do not do them all at once! The epoxy will cure quickly – so only mix small amounts at a time).
- Using a rotating hand motion, fit your pipes into each connector.
- Use the T-Connectors to fit the rungs to the side of your ladder. Use the curved connectors to fit the corners.
- Let your epoxy cure according to its instructions.
- OPTIONAL: Coat your ladder with a spray paint intended for metal.
See all of Harbor Freight’s DIY project instructions at hf.tools/diy. With Harbor Freight Tools, you can do it yourself!